Progress

Friday, July 2, 2010

Progress report #11

This. Week. SUCKED. When I weighed myself last Friday, I was 186.8. Saturday I was down to 186.2. But for some reason this week, my weight was going up to around 188.8 at night, and I'd only be back down to 187.4-187.6 in the morning. And the pattern has continued all week. My weight loss has come to a dead stop. I guess you can equate my metabolism to a big ship- it's cruising along nicely, full steam ahead, then all of a sudden you throw it into reverse. It continues to travel forward for a little bit before everything kicks in and the propellers finally get the huge ship moving backward. Then you cut the engines and the ship settles into place. I don't get it. It's pissing me off. I haven't exceeded 1600 calories on any day (I'd be surprised if I've even made it to 1300 on most days), I'm working my ass off in the gym... it just sucks. A lot. So, I've gone absolutely nowhere this week.

I feel fat and lethargic. I think it's the new pill, because I started feeling more tired when I started it, and the last several days I've just felt... I don't know... bloated, I guess. Like, my belly has seemed bigger, like something is filling it out. I've made sure I'm not consuming a lot of sodium-laden foods, thinking maybe I was retaining water, but I guess that's not the case.

Not to mention that my trapezius/shoulder area is royally screwed up. I honestly think the physical therapists fucked it up more than they helped it. It started several weeks ago as just my neck/trap area, with tingling. Now the whole area from my neck to my arm, and down to my side, just burns. It hurts all the time. What started with just my trapezius is now affecting my deltoid. It's annoying. I have an appointment later today to talk to my doctor. Hopefully she'll send me for an MRI to investigate it a little further. I'm also getting wicked headaches. Again. In the same spot. But not the sharp, metallic headaches I was getting on the other pill. This feels like someone punched me in the left temple. Like, my skull hurts, and there's a... deeper?... pain underneath it. I don't know how to describe it. Ok, the pain last time was sharp, so we'll call it a soprano. This pain is like a tenor or a bass, if that makes sense. It probably makes no sense whatsoever, but it's the only way I can think to describe it. I don't want to say a duller pain, because that implies less pain.

I honestly don't even want to take pictures this week, because I have nothing to show. If anything, I feel bigger. I really feel like shit about myself right now. I hate having to be on the pill, because I think the hormones really affect my metabolism. I have absolutely no drive or motivation to do anything. But I'm still going to take the pictures, I guess. For consistency's sake, at least.

Here are this week's measurements. I suspect we won't see any change this week:

Bicep: 13.5"
Bust: 44.75"
Under bust: 36.5"
Waist: 34.75"
Belly: 37.75"
Hips: 44"
Thighs: 25"
Calves: 15.5"

Oh look. No change. What a shocker. I really don't feel like editing and posting the pictures right now. I'll edit and update sometime this weekend.

On another note (I wrote all this earlier today), I got home from the gym at like 7:45 and weighed myself and I was 186.4. Weird, but I'll take it! lol

I'm a week late, but here are the pictures:

Last week
This week
Last week
This week
Last week
This week

No comments:

Post a Comment