Progress

Friday, April 2, 2010

35 pounds in 2 weeks?!

No, I didn't lose that. I wish it were possible, but I think that requires a tapeworm or something! It wouldn't be healthy, that's for sure.

I did a Google search for an online diet tracker. I want to be able to keep track of my calories, fat, carbs, protein, and fiber, but am wayyyy too lazy and short on time to have to write everything I eat in a notebook, look up the nutritional values, write that information down, and then do the math. No thank you. I know if I had to do that, I'd just say screw it and give up.

I checked out a few websites, and the one I liked the best was FatSecret. It's very user friendly and has a HUGE selection of nutritional values for foods of different brands, plus it has a feature where you can add foods to the database if you can't find them- just copy the values from the package. You can also add recipes. You just type a food into the search box, choose the amount you had, and add it under a meal category (breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks/other). It keeps running totals for you throught the day, plus provides a breakdown of the total values for each meal. FatSecret also provides a similar exercise log, where you choose the activity, intensity, and amount of time and it calculates the amount of calories burned by that activity.

I've been watching what I eat VERY carefully (even weighing/measuring things out) and have been logging everything into my food diary. The website says that based on my height, weight, and activity level (sedentary), I would consume about 2800 calories per day. However, I haven't exceeded 1,000 calories in any of the 4 days since I've started keeping track. In fact, in the last 3 days, I haven't even hit a combined total of 2800 calories. It's not that I'm not eating- I'm eating 3 meals a day plus a snack, but I can't eat that much. From being so sick and the head pain and medications making me throw up, I wasn't able to eat much (sometimes not at all) for several weeks, my stomach is small and I get full easily.

There's a section where you can "weigh in" and report your weight anytime you weigh yourself to keep track of your progress. On the first day, I was 213 pounds. On the second day, I weighed in at 210. When I hit the 'submit' button to weigh in for that day, a message box appeared on the screen, which said, "You have lost 3 pounds (1.4%) in one day. At this rate you should reach your goal weight in about 2 weeks." The goal weight I entered was 175. That's 35 pounds from the current weight for the weigh in! It would be awesome to shed that much, but totally unhealthy to shed it that fast. Perhaps I'll shoot for a pound a day! lol (kidding)

It was 75 degrees outside today, which is AWESOME for the beginning of April in upstate New York. Even though I can't do much, I was able to take my son out for a leisurely stroll. It was only 30 minutes of slow walking, but still- it's something, right?? Plus, I had my abs tightened almost the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment