Progress

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I wish the gym didn't close early on the weekends...

My gym is open 24 hours... Monday through Thursday. It closes at 9 on Friday, and is open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, which is kind of hard when you have things to do. Gotta learn how to budget my time a little better.

On Saturday, me, mom, and the baby went to a cookout at mom's best friend's house. I was a little apprehensive, since there would probably be a ton of tempting foods, but I went anyway. I ate before we left the house- there's nothing worse than going to a picnic hungry when you're on a diet. It's like going grocery shopping on an empty stomach- totally counterproductive. At the cookout, I had ONE baked chicken wing, 4 ounces of grilled chicken, and splurged on a hot dog. We were there for over 4 hours, and I ate less than 550 calories worth of food the whole time, so I'm pretty proud of the choices I made. I passed up the nachos, cookies, cake, and ice cream cake, even though they looked pretty tasty.

Today, mom took care of the baby so I could get some sewing done. I've had like 4 projects to do for a few months now, but between being so messed up after I delivered, and never having more than 30 minutes at a stretch to so anything during the day, the projects got put on the back burner. My plan was to start and finish my most important project (infant sized Air Force ABUs so Marius can match Daddy when we pick him up at the airport next month), and then go to the gym. Well, it took longer than I expected, and before I knew it, it was 6:30 p.m. By the time I got dressed and got to the gym, I'd only have 15 minutes to work out, so I didn't go. I'm still not done with the outfit, but I only have a onesie left to make, which won't take too long (I hope).

So I didn't make it to the gym this weekend. Big whoop. I'll be there tomorrow, and I'll do a little extra to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment