Progress

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

PT today, and a very fitting quote.

Every day when I boot up my computer, I check Sleep Talkin' Man to see what hilarious pearls of wisdom Adam has imparted on us. The gem that Karen posted today is priceless, and it's exactly the way I feel.
"Whoever invented calories is gonna get their face fucked with ice cream cake."
God, I'd love some ice cream cake. lol Funny thing- lately I've been having dreams where I eat a bunch of a highly caloric food (coincidentally, it's almost always cake), and then I feel really guilty. I wake up thinking I had eaten a shit ton of cake. I guess that's my inner fat chick saying "Don't even think about it!"

I went to my first PT appointment today. They assessed my range of motion and all that good stuff, then did ultrasound therapy, which sends out sound waves that are absorbed by the muscle and it's like a heating pad, but deep in the tissue. Then I got a massage. I can't do upper body at the gym yet, so I'll just do lower body and abs every other day. I go back to PT tomorrow, then Tuesday and Thursday next week.

On another note, I went to get a few tops today, since I have like, no tank tops, and none of my shirts really fit. Well... all the tops I got were a size medium! It's crazy. I never thought I could wear a misses size M, but I do now. It feels so good to go shopping and actually LIKE what I see in the mirror when I try stuff on, instead of just buying clothes because they fit. I can't wait til hubby comes home and sees the new me!

Here's what I did at the gym today:

Bike 14 min @ 100-110 rpm, 1 min sprint @ 130 rpm, 5.75 mi
Hip adduction 1x15 @ 100 lbs, 2x20 @ 50
Ab curl 1x15 @ 70, 3x20 @ 40
Leg press 1x15 @ 70, 2x20 @ 35
Hip abduction 1x15 @ 100, 2x20 @ 50
Glutes 1x15 @ 60, 2x20 @ 30 (per side)
Leg extension 1x15 @ 40, 2x15 @ 20
Leg curl 1x15 @ 40, 2x20 @ 20

1 comment: