Progress

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Today's workout

I'm tired. lol Baby hasn't been sleeping well the last few nights, so I'm only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep, and not in one stretch, either. Today I did arms, back, and abs. Here's what I did:

Bike 17 min (16 min @ 85-95 rpm, 1 min sprint @ 116 rpm) - 6.5 mi
Triceps press 3x15 @ 50 lbs
Biceps curl 1x15 @ 25, 1x15 @ 20, 1x15 @ 15 (for some reason had no stamina for this today)
Shoulder press 2x15 @ 15
Row 1x15 @ 30, 2x15 @ 25
Ab curl 3x15 @ 30
Obliques 3x15 @ 30 (per side)

I'm feeling more toned, but the scale isn't really doing anything. I've noticed that on workout days, in the evenings after I get back from the gym (where I drank water), my weight is lower than it is during the day. On my off days, my weight is higher. I'm thinking to get more weight loss benefits, I should increase the frequency of my workouts. I'm currently going 4 times per week, so every other day, which allows 24 hours of rest for my muscles. They need it since I'm not sleeping well. They have to recover sometime. Maybe once the baby starts sleeping through the night, or on days where I end up getting more sleep, I'll add onto my 4 days. I guess it's just a matter of playing it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment